[CUBE] Cube overheats

phoenix phoenix at cybernothing.org
Tue Nov 26 04:03:47 PST 2002

From: "Bill Fox" <wfoxjr at earthlink.net>

> I got the same results. Even the air coming out of the back
> vent over the graphics card was much cooler with a fan blowing
> down the main vent.

        I haven't tested this theory (in part because I've yet to commission
my recently-bought Cube as my 'A' machine) but it would seem to me that the
best means of removing heat from the Cube would be to speed-up the natural
channel of convection.

        That is, if a fan's gonna' be on the top, it might be best to face
the thing /upwards/ to expel the heat, rather than pushing it back down.
Could even be thermostat-controlled, if we wanna' be geeky about things.
Just my newbie .02.

cheers,
phoenix
--