keyboard restart

John Allan jallan at freeuk.com
Fri Mar 14 02:52:44 PST 2003

> if force quit won't work, is there any way at all of restarting a cube from
> the apple pro keyboard? I am so sick and tired of having to get upand lift
> the cube and fiddl

Hal is right, just touch the " start button " on either the box or the LCD.

If it is under 10 and you have had problems with crashes / kernal panics, or
whatever they are called now, I have bailed my way out by having first
preset the preference in Universal Access to use the keypad for cursor
direction. [ I don¹t use it for numericals ]. Where the mouse would not move
it the cursor, the numerical buttons would.

It is quite a neat little option that I am sure is a kind thought from Apple
for disabled folk but saves me from the pain of RSI, the extra reach for the
mouse at times when I am tired. As well as being able to allow navigation
through multifold weirdness.

It does all 8 direction and clicks on 5. Was able to navigate my way out
that way. Cant say the Cube has ever frozen in OS X but the 9600 did do
until it was traced to unhappy RAM chips showing their age. Seemed to bother
X where 9 didn't care. Sometimes I find I cant get Force Quit or the System
to come back to mouse command.

John