[CUBE] Changing administrator in Panther

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Mon Feb 2 02:12:42 PST 2004

Hi Listers,

First of all, I have to thank Boris, Erik, Laurie, Joe, Sean, Gary, P. Mitchell, 'Dreeser' and 'Riba' for supporting me on this.

This was my procedure:

> backed up my home user data,
> booted using Mac OS X (aka Panther) install CD and did the 'reset password'
> booted iBook from (internal) 10.2.3 and created another user/short name (my sister) giving her 'Administrator priviledges'
> logged out my accout/logged in sister's account
> deleted my home user's account
> Opened 'Disk Utility' and repaired disk permissions
> restarted iBook
> sister's got an iBook for free and she's happy now!

LM

>>> luis_meleiro at cilsp.com - 2004/01/28 12:29 PM >>>
Dear Listers,

Situation: I have an iBook which I plan to offer to my sister. This ice IBook's already running 10.3.2 (aka Panther).
Problem: My sister doesn't want my administrator/short name and password.
Question: How do I change its administrator/short name and password without having to reinstall the whole system again?

Thanks in advance,
LM