[CUBE] CD-RW help

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Sat Jun 26 08:29:21 PDT 2004

Quoth Christopher Hack (cjhack at onetel.net.uk) at 26/06/2004 11:15 AM:

> Dear cubeistes, I need help with a CD-RW, and would much appreciate anything
> you can suggest. I ordered a CD-RW drive from a company called Fastmac.
> However now it has arrived, I have installed it, and the cube cannot see the
> drive (eg, not appearing in Apple System profiler. The connections seemed
> pretty loose, and I have tried to push them in tighter, but it does not make
> much difference. Fastmac sent me some OSX disks, but as I have OSX 10.2.8
> already installed I can't see how using these would help (would it?). I have
> emailed Fastmac for some help, and heard nothing.
> So first question  is can anyone suggest anyway to make this drive work.
> Second, assuming this will not work (I must say it is much cheaper looking
> than the OEM drive) Can anyone suggest a good source for a slid reliable
> CD-RW drive for my beloved cube, which will work immediately, and do a good
> job. Much much appreciate in advance any help. Chris

Chris, try setting the jumpers on your hard drive to Slave if it's currently
Master or vice versa. There may be a diagram near the jumpers illustrating
the settings, if not check the manufacturer's website.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://www.spiffypage.com
"If these pills don't stop the kleptomania," said the psychiatrist, "try and
get me a nice VCR."