[Cube] OFF Topic but worth it/MIME?

Joost van de Griek jvdg at jvdg.com
Thu Feb 10 12:03:52 PST 2005

On 2005-02-10 15:32, George Pepper wrote:

> Remember, I'm on this list because I don't WANT to know ANYTHING about
> computers. I just want them to work. That's why my last Wintel machine was
> tossed into a dumpster in a fit of rage and I use Apples now. I guess my bitch
> should be directed at the "error" message: WTF good is an error message THAT
> DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM?

No offence, George, but if you want your computer(s) to just work, you
really should make sure you're up-to-date. The latest version of Safari is
1.2.4 (v125.12), and you mentioned you're using 1.0.3 (v85.8.1) still.
Expecting machines to "just work" is all nice 'n' dandy, but there comes a
time when technology passes them by, and keeping them running involves a bit
more than expecting it to "just work".

,xtG
.tsooJ
--