[Cube] Faulty optical drive

haugwarb at nt.ntnu.no haugwarb at nt.ntnu.no
Tue Sep 5 04:47:07 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've been running my old G4 Cube for years without trouble, except that
the DVD player sometimes gets stucked in the middle of a movie. This
happens at the same location every time, and the failure has quite
persistently survived all software upgrades up version 10.4 (which
rules out any driver problems I believe). Playing the same DVD on a
PowerBook G4 works fine, so the problem must be due to the CD-drive
itself. Is there any chance I can get hold of replacement drive or
maybe a third party drive that will work? I mean without spending
another $1000?

Tore Haug-Warberg