[Cube] Faulty optical drive

Andrew McKenzie andrew.mckenzie at onlinecol.com
Tue Sep 5 05:30:16 PDT 2006

hey-

There are certainly some options available.. For example, check out
this link:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/optical-drives/superdrives/cube/

You'd have to install it.. Maybe I could help you find a service
manual, if you wanted to try.

Andrew

On Sep 5, 2006, at 5:47 AM, haugwarb at nt.ntnu.no wrote:

Hi,

I've been running my old G4 Cube for years without trouble, except that
the DVD player sometimes gets stucked in the middle of a movie. This
happens at the same location every time, and the failure has quite
persistently survived all software upgrades up version 10.4 (which
rules out any driver problems I believe). Playing the same DVD on a
PowerBook G4 works fine, so the problem must be due to the CD-drive
itself. Is there any chance I can get hold of replacement drive or
maybe a third party drive that will work? I mean without spending
another $1000?

Tore Haug-Warberg