[Cube] ADC-Display won't run with my cube

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Mon Dec 10 08:27:35 PST 2007

Stefan: I'm not 100% sure but I think the Formac Gallery 17 ADC-TFT monitor needs 32Mb of video memory to work properly. Have you checked that monitor technical specifications? (Sorry for asking but this might make all the difference). It would be great if you could check that monitor on another Mac machine with a powerfull Graphics Unit.

You didn't tell us this was the monitor you were using before changing the hard disk... was it the same? Maybe the new HD require more voltage from the Cube and it is using the power needed for the monitor to opperate properly.

I had to remove a 120GB Seagate Barracuda V because it was turning my Cube useless. It required more power than an older 80GB Samsung SpinPoint and the Cube was showing a 'looping' symptom of a sudden shutdown.

LM

>>>On Mon, 10 de Dec de 2007 at 15:58, in message <p06240804c3830f7d021d@[192.168.2.21]>, Stefan <no-spam at punkt-x.de> wrote:

> So I think it must be the ADC-TFT (formac gallery 17).

I' haven't tested the display at another machine.
But there are no bad pins at the ADC-Connector.

]