[Cube] ADC-Display won't run with my cube

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Mon Dec 10 12:52:25 PST 2007

Hi Luis,

thanks for answering.

Well, it was the same cube and the same Monitor.
It was a sudden crash or anything else (I was absent, my wife used
the cube). The cube turned off, the TFT became dark.
Before the cube had run for several weeks and nothing had changed but
the disk. And the disk became very hot as I remarked, when I was
called and came to the cube.

>Stefan: I'm not 100% sure but I think the Formac Gallery 17" ADC-TFT
>monitor needs 32Mb of video memory to work properly. Have you
>checked that monitor technical specifications? (Sorry for asking but
>this might make all the difference). It would be great if you could
>check that monitor on another Mac machine with a powerfull Graphics
>Unit.

That means: Same cube, same monitor, same graphics card.

>You didn't tell us this was the monitor you were using before
>changing the hard disk... was it the same? Maybe the new HD require
>more voltage from the Cube and it is using the power needed for the
>monitor to opperate properly.

Meanwhile I built in the old HD again.
And the cube runs very well, but not with the Formac TFT (ADC)-