[Cube] Leopard on a Stock Cube

Riba riba at ml1.net
Fri Dec 28 08:46:59 PST 2007

On 2007.12.28, at 15:48, Stefan wrote:

>> From my experience Leopard seems to run a bit smoother than
>> Tiger...it is certainly not slower. On a stock 450 MHz Cube.
>
> Hello Riba,
>
> this is really interesting news.
>
> I hesitated to buy Leopard at all...
>
> One of my cubes runs with Powerlogix 1.5 GHz upgrade, the other at
> original 450 MHz, both with 10.4.x.
>
> I would be very interested to get some more reviews how fast your
> upgraded cubes run with Leopard compared with Tiger ???
>
> Personal impressions are at least better than official numbers.

 From what I've heard from other people, Leopard is usually equal or
snappier than Tiger on the same hardware. Keep in mind that the
feeling does not come form the raw speed of the operations - the new
finder in multithreaded and more responsive, quick view speeds most of
your tasks, the network (samba) stuff is significiantly improved. I
hesitated until recently as well, but after doing it I would recommend
the update.

I have it running on 1.5 MHz Powerbook and stock Cube.