[Cube] hard drive purchase

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 01:00:03 PST 2008

Hello,
Been a while since I've been connected to the lists.  Can anyone tell me recent opinions about the hard drive offerings out there - prices seem to be pretty good right now.  Looking at MacMall there is a LaCie 2TB for $244.  Can find many smaller drives for less.  Anyway, there are numerous companies in market since I bought my last LaCie 4 years ago and wonder what peoples' experience have been in the quality realm as of late.  I have a LaCie 250 quad, been a good drive.  But have heard they do not back up the product after the warranty period. Won't help fix or sell parts.  Any thoughts about quality between Western Digital and Seagate?  Any really good drive models put out by them?  What about NAS - ethernet disk options?  The drive will sit on desktop for backup of a cube and an older, persnickity macbook pro.  Thanks. Dave  Can email direct suggestions/thoughts to me at: macstonelson at yahoo.com -please put "hard drive" as the subject.