[Cube] network settings problem

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 20:23:55 PST 2009

Hello,

I've got a problem with my network systems preference.  When I go into the System Preferences and select the Network icon the pane opens up to the Network settings and then a message window appears and tells me the following: "Your network settings have been changed by another application."  When I click the "OK" button it goes away and then reappears and does this continually.  I order to exit system preferences I use force quit.  Can anyone tell me what this is about and how to fix it?  I've opened numerous sys pref functions and none do this, only Network Settings.

I use an ethernet connection for cable dsl, no currently active airport functions (though cube has airport), no sharing function active, firewall is on.

Any help is appreciated!
Dave