[Cube] How to make the Cube a multimedia server

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Fri Mar 20 07:14:29 PDT 2009

>This brings up a question I've wondered about:
>Is there ANY Cube-compatible video card that
>will run a 30" Cinema HD Display's 2,560x1,600
>resolution?  The reason I ask is that the
>current 30" CHD is about to be discontinued, so
>the prices will then drop, at which point I'd
>like to get one (If for no other reason than to
>use one with my G5).  A 30" CHD is no 42" plasma
>display, but it is plenty big enough for my
>small living room, at which point I could set up
>a Cube as my media machine... if there's a video
>card that will fit the Cube that runs the 30"
>CHD, that is.

Hi George,

a quite expensive (and luxurious) idea:
Do you really believe the 30" prices will fall far enough?

OK, I don't know your budget.
But me, I decided for the 27" Dell (as I
reported). It has a 24" resolution and is large
however.
Price 630 Euro with 5 years full warranty. You'll
never get a (new) 30" Apple for thatŠ

And I don't believe there's a compatible card for the cube.

Did you know that the new Mac mini will support the 30" display?

Stefan