[Cube] Maximum size for internal Cube hard drives

phoenix phoenix at cybernothing.org
Fri Jan 8 13:50:50 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 16:29, liza bear <lizajbear at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1/ Is it safe to install a 160GB internal drive in the Cube? I mean, it
won't crash the machine?

No problem, but any capacity beyond 120 GB will be ignored.

> 2/ I've seen some on E-Bay made by Hitachi and other, non-Apple companies.
Is that advisable?

Hitachi makes excellent hard drives. I have Hitachi hard drives in my G4
Cube, G3 Powerbook and G3 iBook, and they perform splendidly -- quiet, and
no problems. Same goes for Fujitsu, who makes the OEM Apple hard drive in my
Macbook Pro.

cheers,
A.J.

--
"there's more to life than gears and horsepower
not much, admittedly, but you get the point..."  -- Road Kill