[DigiCam] are all low end digital cameras like this?

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Sun Apr 6 23:27:24 PDT 2003

Steve Kane wrote on 4/6/03 10:52 PM:

> I used the Nikon F, F2, F3, and n90, as well as 120 and 4x5 during 15
> years of professional photography (I've been out of the business about
> 10 years now). I've made every mistake a photographer can make but I've
> never had a camera that could be so easily inadvertently mis-set as
> this A60, but then this is my first digital camera. Are they all like
> this at this price?

First, there is quite a difference between the professional cameras you
list, and a consumer digital camera - as you well know.

That said, I agree with you about the poor design of some of these. A police
agency I do some work for got some Epson digital cameras on a grant. On the
top of the camera, next to the shutter button is the button to change from
color to grayscale mode. Officers press that button by mistake, wonder why
they camera didn't take a picture, then take a series of black and white
photos!

I've used a handful of different digital cameras, and don't remember which
are easiest to set and forget for fill-flash, so I can't help you with that
one. But, if that is an important feature, then take the A60 back and get
something else, or you will continually be frustrated.

Good luck,

George
--
George Reis
Imaging Forensics

Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and
enhancement for the law enforcement, investigative and legal communities.