No subject

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 8 11:09:06 PST 2003

I have something of a problem. Our daughter, who is away at college and
not the most tech-savvy person, asked for our old and mothballed Epson
PhotoPC 600. She wants to take basic pictures, mostly for her webpage,
but probably some will be printed as well. This camera, and its
rechargeable batteries, would be ideal for her needs, especially as we
already own it. However, I got it out to pack it up to send to her, I
realized she has no way to connect it to her iMac to download the
pictures. The iMac does not have either an external modem port (round
connection) or printer port which the PhotoPC requires--it has USB and
Firewire ports--nor does it have a PMCIA slot (which was the other way
we used to deal with this). Were there ever adapters that would allow
such hookups? Should I tell her to buy a card reader of some sort and a
compact flash card? Should I buy her a new camera, figuring that this
is just the tip of the iceberg? Epson's site has new drivers, but no
information about newer cables.

Thanks very much for your thoughts.