[DigiCam] DV Format incompatibility on a PC

George Reis reis at imagingforensics.com
Tue Jan 14 17:06:20 PST 2003

e.behme at kreativedvd.com wrote on 1/14/03 6:12 AM:

> He just called me and said that Pinnacle didn't open the file
> automatically and when he tried to select it from inside Pinnacle, he
> was told the format was unrecognizable.

I have done exactly what you are attempting, but opened the file on the
Windows side with QT for Windows, with no problem. Playback of the multiple
files was flawless. However, I did have to rename all the files. I can't
remember exactly what the file name problems were, but if I recall, the Mac
didn't properly name the files with the file extension, which caused all the
files to be improperly named. Look closely at the file names - including the
extension (which should be .dv), and you will probably find your answer.

George Reis
--
Imaging Forensics
18627 Brookhurst, PMB 324

Specializing in digital imaging consulting, training, analysis and
enhancement for the law enforcement, investigative and legal communities.