[Duo2400] Re: Duo 2300c HD on a PB 1400c ?

David Gass dgass at swbell.net
Tue Dec 17 15:31:37 PST 2002

The thickness is also a problem with the 2300c/1400 swap. The 2300c had a
17mm drive as standard which is too tall for a 1400. I believe a 15mm is the
tallest drive that fits a 1400 and a 12.5mm or smaller is better. There are
problems going the other way also. I haven't been able to find a drive
larger than 2.1 GB that will fit in the 2300c because of the bolt holes. If
anyone knows of one (SCSI or IDE), please let me know. BTW, all the
measurements given in millimeters are for drive height or thickness. Newer
drives are typically 9.5mm.

    David
    day0ne
    dgass at swbell.net