[Duo2400] Re: Duo 2300c HD on a PB 1400c ?

Randy & Cheyanne charan at centurytel.net
Tue Dec 17 15:43:03 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 05:31 PM, David Gass wrote:

>  I haven't been able to find a drive
> larger than 2.1 GB that will fit in the 2300c because of the bolt
> holes. If
> anyone knows of one (SCSI or IDE), please let me know. BTW, all the
> measurements given in millimeters are for drive height or thickness.
> Newer
> drives are typically 9.5mm.

David,

	Someone much smart than me on this list taught me this trick:

	Zip tie the old brackets to the new thinner hard drive just where
they would go if the holes actually lined up (same position as the
thicker older drive you are replacing).  Then stick that drive in the
machine and enjoy you new bigger hard drive.  My 2300 has a ten gig hard
drive installed this way and it has survived for a couple of years
including a hard three foot drop to a carpetted floor.  Others on the
list have done the same without difficulties.

Cool cheap trick ;-).

cheers,

Randy

--

These words that I and others have attributed to Julius Caesar are not
his:

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a
double-edged sword. It emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.
And when the drums of war have reached fever pitch, and the blood boils
with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need to seize
the rights of liberty. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and
blinded by patriotism, will offer up their rights unto the leader, and
gladly so."

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-caesar-quote.htm
http://www.talkleft.com/archives/001038.html