[Duo2400] Re: We can close this list now! ;-)

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Wed Jan 8 07:04:59 PST 2003

on 1/7/03 9:56 PM, Patrick Selliers at patsel at bredband.net wrote:

> Isn't it just possible that the new books will provide the Classic OS 9 enviro
> ontop
> of OS X.2 - in spite of them needing the X as legal boot volume? Could the new
> FireWire be the only real culprit? Anyone with Jaguar experience out there?

Well of course there's still Classic available as part of OS X.2.#.  I think
the issue some folks have is legacy software or peripherals that require
specific extensions that simply don't work in the Classic environment.  That
is, there are still a few things that just require booting into OS 9.

- Eric.

--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)