Orinoco Cards

Marc Sira toh at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Jan 22 09:48:52 PST 2003

> Depends on where/how you live. Encryption slows things down on a dialup
> like mine. Making closed networks is good enough for me. No trouble so
> far. You must be one of them city fellas.

Well, if you mean WEP encryption on a wireless LAN that uses dialup for
Internet access, it should actually be less noticeable than on a faster link.
Dialup is slow enough that it's already the bottleneck on any device designed
for use over an ethernet, cable modem, or DSL link. It might slow down a
slowish computer to use WEP, though (like the 2400). That would actually be
worse at higher link speeds and with heavier traffic.

Marc Sira		|	toh at victoria.tc.ca
If you can't play with words, what good are they?