[Duo2400] Re: 280 prototype. 230 engineering sample.

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 04:16:36 PDT 2003

--- Tom and Lisa P <gionpeters at comcast.net> wrote:
> You cant get the duo out of the dock ?

It wouldn't pull it into the dock after I shut down
and ejected it to run the ROM image program. I did
it that way just in case there might be anything in
the dock that would patch over parts of the Duo's
ROM.

I pushed the Duo into the dock and there was a loud
POP followed by the smell of fried electronics.
I've smelled fried power supplies before and it
smelled just like that. :(

What I'd really like to know is the tale of how these
two pre-production Duos escaped from Apple. :)

The 280 does one weird thing, on any window that is
in the background, all the non-white pixels in the
title bar in a vertical stripe below the Edit and
View menus are blanked out. Also blanked out in the
same vertical area is the upper line of pixels in the
bottom edge of the scroll bar, which is a line two
pixels thick. Looks like a ROM bug to me. It affects
any window, anywhere from the bottom of the menubar to
the bottom of the screen. Click the window to bring
it to the front and it's all normal.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist