[Duo2400] Re: 2300C won't boot in Duo Dock or Duo Dock Plus-Need more help!

Thomas G. Monclova samoht at bl.org
Fri Jul 18 14:34:09 PDT 2003

> 3) There are SCSI terminators in both Duo Docks.
> Unfortunately, I don't have a CD-ROM drive to try out.
> I may have to take apart the Duo 2300C and check the
> solder connections to the bus connector (I'm a little
> wary of doing that, but I just replaced the PRAM
> battery, so at least I know I can get it apart and
> back together again!)

	Another possibility would be starting the PB while attached to a
mini-dock of some sort.  This would save you the trouble of taking the
computer apart in as much as it'll test quite a few PDS pins.

	I'd suggest an Apple Minidock as it uses the most pins.  You can
try a local Macintosh user group if you haven't one.

	I assume you've tried booting with extensions off.  If you can't
find a CD, a SCSI Zip drive may be easier to find.

	Write me off the list, if you wish.  I'd like to know how this
goes.

	-t