[Duo2400] Re: OS 8.6?

Eric L. Strobel fyzycyst at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 05:53:38 PST 2003

on 03/28/03 2:58 AM, Milton Lukins at Milton at MiltonLukins.com wrote:

> What I did:
>
> I pulled the two 16 mb RAM chips out of the 7200/75 and replaced the 8 mb
> chips in the 7200/90 to boost the total to 96 mb of RAM.  I then pulled the
> hard drive out and with a jumper from and old 250 mb hard drive and I
> configured it as a slave (or tried to anyway) to the /90 hard drive and put
> it in the 7200/90.  There are now three icons in my startup disk folder.
> The "MAC" icon launches OS 8.5.1. The "Macintosh HD" icon (the added hard
> drive) launches OS 7.6.1.  The "RAM Disk" icon also launches 7.6.1.
>

> What I would like to have:
>
> The 7200/90 and the Duo 2300c both running OS 8.6 with Internet Explorer and
> Outlook Express.  I have tranceivers and an ethernet crossover cable but
> have yet to try connecting two computers together.

I don't *think* that should be a problem.  On the 7200, just d/l and run the
8.6 updater.  I'd suggest that you might want to get a bigger HD on the
2300, then just hook up a CD drive to one of your docks, install 8.5 and
upgrade to 8.6.  Keeping some form of 7.6.1 around for emergencies may be
called for but isn't really necessary.  For the 2300 you could keep it on
one of the Dock HDs, the 7200 should just boot from whichever OS CD you
have.

- Eric.

--

Eric Strobel (fyzycyst at NOSPAM^mailaps.org)