[Duo2400] HELP...I'm going nutz trying to fix this 2400!!! Message #2

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sun Nov 9 09:45:49 PST 2003

Paul, do the obvious first.

1. Re-seat the 64MB DIMM
2. If still bad, try the 96MB or another 64MB.

It actually sounds like you solved the original problem, now you just
have bad or poorly seated RAM.

On Nov 9, 2003, at 3:12 AM, Paul Miller wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Please see my first frantic post for a description of
> the problem.  For some reason the computer booted all
> the way through after I finished writing the first
> note.  I clicked on "about this computer" and it
> states the built-in memory is 16mb of which the os
> takes 15.7mb (with the extension off at boot).  The
> virtual memory if off.  I therefore couldn't open the
> control panel to turn on virtual memory.  And the
> computer forced a restart.
>
> So why doesn't this CPU recognize and additional
> memory besides the onboard 16mb unless there was a
> physical problem.
>
> Any ideas guys and gals?
>
> Desperate,
> Paul

> <DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
> MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
>
> Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
> After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][

> $879!

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.