I'm going nutz trying to fix this 2400!!! Message #5

Paul Miller pauljosephmiller at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 10:20:16 PST 2003

> Paul try holding down the
> Command-Option-Shift&Delete keys at the same
> time.
>
> This should force the Mac to look anywhere else
> besides the Hard Drive
> for a bootable system.
>
> Aloha, Ken

THANKS!
I was able to boot from the hard drive (OS 9.0.4) with
ALL the extensions off just e nough memory to open the
control panel and turn the virtual memory on.  The I
just rebooted as normal and it started right up....of
course it's DEAD SLOW with only 16mb actual and a hard
drive working overtime...
I'll try the 64mb ram again but I don't think it's
gonna work..
Tom, I hate to say it but now that you jogged my
memory, it was datamem that I got the 64mb from.  I'm
guessing it's not for the 2400c and may have just been
an oversite on their side but it's been months since I
bought it so I'm sure they wouldn't be too obliging
about an exchange.