[Duo2400] Re: No software at all!

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sun May 9 14:57:42 PDT 2004

Possibly, just a bad connection, particularly if the hinges are working
loose, or the backlight....

There's a bit of wisdom in some of these posts...

http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?
method=and&format=short&config=duolist_lists_themacintoshguy_com&restric
t=&exclude=&words=screen+repair

On May 9, 2004, at 4:07 PM, Leigh Ann wrote:

>> If the screen never lights up it may be a GLOD or a screen issue. The
>> external monitor is a good idea.
>
> Seems pretty obvious @ this point that it's a screen issue.  In fact,
> occasionally the screen will blink like it's _trying_ to display --
> seems almost more like a loose connection than anything else; does
> that make sense?
>
> Beginning to think this is gonna be more trouble than it's worth if it
> means I have to take the thing in for repairs.  :P  Still, it's got
> nice mods, a good big harddrive, plenty of memory... and it's the PB I
> wanted ever since I saw it.  So if getting the screen repaired isn't
> prohibitively expensive, I may go for it... advice?
>
> 	- LA

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin, 1759.