[1394] FireWire Problem

support at fwdepot support at fwdepot.com
Mon Apr 28 17:22:21 PDT 2003

Did you he have do the following:

1) reboot machine
2) zap pram
3) reboot machine
4) reset open firmware

Without another firewire device to test it will be hard for you to determine
whether the port is live or dead but if the cdrw is still functioning, after
performing the above it should either work or confirm that the port is dead
(which we doubt) - the problem you described sounds more like a probably
media problem than an actual firewire problem, but the force quit may have
caught the firewire port in an interim state which is why it is frozen...