[FW] Trouble with Firewire on External Enclosure with serial ata

Larry Blodgett lblodgett at mac.com
Tue Jan 4 09:34:37 PST 2005

I see what you are saying.

the system profile (can see the enclosure interface) says this (getting
to the chip is real problem)
I guess it sees the partitioning I did in USB.  It looks like it might
mount. I tried running Disk Utility and it just
scans and scans forever (had to force quit).

using Mac OS 10.3.7

OXFORD IDE Device LUN 0:

   Capacity:	189.92 GB
   Manufacturer:	Oxford Semiconductor Ltd.