[G4] Backup Strategies -- CCC

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Thu Apr 3 06:48:29 PST 2003

OK, so this will overwrite my previously cloned copy, correct? This is
what I would want it to do.

The thing I'm still not sure of is this: suppose there are files on the
previously cloned disk that are not on my current main drive, that have
been deleted from my main drive in the last month. I would not know what
these files are because of the myriad of changes to system software and
my regular programs that have occurred since my last use of CCC a month
ago. Some of these files may indeed be invisible as well.

Using your suggestion of making sure I haven't checked the "Delete Items
not on source" options in preferences would still leave these type of
files on the cloned disk correct? And if there are invisible system type
files on there that now shouldn't be (because of system software updates
I've performed since then), this could create some sort of problem or
conflict when I put a new cloned copy on the backup drive, correct?

David Crandon