Jaguar questions

Todd Flashner tflash at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 19 22:09:25 PDT 2003

Recently upgraded from OS 9.1

Is there anyway to have Mail show read messages in a different font or color
etc from unread messages? That little dot to the left isn't a bold enough
indicator for my taste.

Is it no longer possible to "label" items and then sort by label?

How do I select several non-contiguous items in a list? Shift+Click selects
all items in between, which is not what I want.

Is it no longer necessary to allocate RAM to applications? I can't do it
through Get Info. I see in Photoshop 7 I can it through its preferences, but
what about for a program like Internet Explorer - I see no way.

When I drag items to the desktop they don't land where I place them.
Similarly, I used to be able to Control+Click on the desktop and select New
Folder to create a folder where I want it, but no more. Do I have something
set wrong in system prefs or what?

My IntelliPoint mouse doesn't scroll in Classic (it did in OS9) while it
does in X. How can I get scroll back in Classic? Raises the larger question
of whether I need to disable extensions from my Classic OS. IOW, in classic,
which OS's extensions and preferences are controlling peripherals?

That's it for the moment,

Thanks,
Todd