Initializing a new Hard drive/OSX

Bill Metcalfe billmet at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 4 20:50:40 PDT 2003

G4 AGP 1064 MG
I purchased a new interior hard drive, Hitachi, for the G4, because I
want to experiment with OSX 10.2. I am having problems with the OS
9.2 System on the Hard drive that came with the computer. I can see
the disk when I open Disk Set-up, but it will not let me initialize
it. I thought I could initialize the new Hard drive with the OSX 10.2
Installation disk, but cannot find a way to do it. The old hard drive
is set as master, 0, and the new as slave, 1. The jumpers were
adjusted to match Illustrations for master and slave. From my
library, I checked out 4 books on OS X and can find no aid in any of
them.