[G4] Slow Second Hard Drive (Cable Select??)

Doug LaBore dlabore at mn.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 12:52:24 PDT 2003

You can have two hard drives on a single IDE controller
One you set to master the other to slave.
The cable select allows the controller to make these decisions (kind of a
automatic selector) but not all IDE controllers support this feature sooooo
It's recommended that you either set these jumpers in the master/slave mode
or both of them in the cable select mode and if the cable select mode
doesn't work than you must set them manually.

--
Doug LaBore