Machine specific discs

fdutra1 at attbi.com fdutra1 at attbi.com
Sat Aug 30 05:49:46 PDT 2003

I'm considering making the plunge into OS X-land and have seen new
10.2 disc sets on ebay for the imac that sell for about $20 while the
disc sets that aren't machine specific are going off for $40-80. The
seller of the imac disks says he has used them on a G3 and a G4
powerbook. Is there any reason I shouldn't use the imac disc on my G4
450 dual processor gigabit ethernet, with 256 mb and 2 (30 gb + 40
Gb) drives ? Are their any firmware upgrades I'll need that might
cause a problem? Any other problems to avoid?

I'm on digest mode so Thanks to all who answer in advance.

Frank