Another G4 sleep question...

Tim Allen tim at dailynail.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 06:33:56 PST 2003

Sorry if this has been covered before. Since replacing the dodgy Formac
video card with an ATI one I have regained proper sleep on my Mac, i.e. the
fan powers down and it's silently pulsing the light. It does this if I push
the power button or choose Sleep from the special menu. However, Energy
Saver is set to sleep after 10 minutes, and if the Mac enters sleep mode
like this, i.e. on it's own, the fan stays running and it's not properly
asleep. Any ideas? I haven't tried it in Jaguar yet as I'm still running
9.2.2 most of the time.

Tim.