[G4] disc warrior/norton utilities

Ascender ascender at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 05:34:26 PST 2004

On 2/5/04 5:13 AM, "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
wrote:

> From: Stewart C. Simon <stewsim at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [G4] disc warrior/norton utilities
> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:19:38 -0500
>
> IMHO...
> Take Norton and toss it in the trash, or use it as a coaster.
> Norton and OSX just don't get along with each other, and I've seen
> Norton render an OSX installation completely useless.

Well that is good to know.

> As for Disk Warrior, is it the OSX [v.3] or OS9 [v.2.x] version?
> The OS9 version won't run on OSX...

If I run the older version of os9 and boot in os9 will it work now that I
have updated to os x. 1?

> It may be the same problem with your virus software also, or that it's
> not updated to your OSX.

Yes that is what I am thinking too.

> Which version of OSX are you running?

Os x.1.  I was going to update to os x.2 but at the apple store they advised
to wait until the os x.3 version came out.  I still have not done then
because, of course, I would have to update all my other software as well and
I can't afford that.

Rant >>  I just want to scan for viruses and do a little clean up; I don¹t
see why it has to always be so difficult.  << Rant over