[G4] video card

Mel Krewall mkrewall at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 17:10:38 PST 2004

The difference between the Yikes and the Sawtooth is that the Sawtooth
has an AGP slot for the video, which takes advantage of much faster
transfer rates than the PCI video cards in the Yikes. The 7000 is the
most capable PCI video card currently sold for the Mac (maybe the only
PCI video card being sold for the Mac). The original Radeon Mac Edition
is faster than the 7000, but ATI no longer sells it. You can find it on
eBay on occasion. I have one in a B/W G3 (same motherboard as the
Yikes) with Quartz Extreme enable via a parameter hack and it works
very well. QE will not be enabled on any PCI graphics computer, no
matter what card you have in the slot. For a Yikes, that is all you can
get.

"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are
still rolling."
  ~ Mark Twain