[G4] AppleCare

Bill Lamb blamb at cox-internet.com
Sun Jul 18 16:52:12 PDT 2004

On Jul 18, 2004, at 9:13 AM, Jerry Bunn wrote:

> I'm curious about what everyone thinks about the worth of AppleCare.
> Is it worth the extra $249 for the three year protection?  How many
> have gotten anything out of it during the 2nd and 3rd years, after the
> regular warranty expires.

After owning all sorts of Macs over the years, staring with a Mac Plus,
I had my first hardware problem earlier this year. The CD R/W went
south on my Dual 1.25Ghz tower. It was still under factory warranty, so
no problem. But I bought the extra two years right before the free one
year warranty expired.

I figured the machine's had one problem, so it might have more.

And if it doesn't, I'll just consider it a bribe paid to fate to insure
the machine's "health." ;-)

It's like any insurance, you don't need it until you need it. A peace
of mind thing.

But as another poster noted, I'd always definitely get it for a laptop.

B I L L  L A M B  |  blamb at cox-internet.com