[G4] 4x DVD writing

Lavode lavode at comcast.net
Sun May 9 16:54:20 PDT 2004

You're lucky you got it to burn at all.  According to xlr8yourmac.com,
the 106 isn't supported by Toast.  I have a Yikes 400 with 768 MB RAM
and 10.3 with a 106.  I tried to burn a DVD at 1x using Toast 6, and
got a coaster after about 10 seconds of burning, with an underrun error
message.  When I bought the drive, I bought Dragon Burn, which supports
BUP on the 106.  I have never gotten a coaster due to underrun using
Dragon Burn, and can burn at 4x.

YMMV,
-Lavode