Bad Drives

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sun May 30 07:29:40 PDT 2004

I ran that firmware update on my QuickSilver 733 a couple weeks ago.  It
went just  fine.  It appears this update relates only to some IBM drives
INSTALLED ORIGINALLY by Apple.

On another list, there were indications that some folks lost their drives
entirely as a result of running the update.

This update is not supposed to run on IBM drives installed by yourself or
other third party; if it does, that drive is GONE.  Be sure that you back up
your essential files.  Be sure that ALL your applications are QUIT; that
includes those that run in the background and that you might have forgotten
about, like virus checkers and utilities that do file management.  In OS 9,
I would even remove aliases from the Startup Items folder.

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,

on 5/30/04 08:15 AM, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com