[G4] Radeon 8500 trouble

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Tue Nov 9 16:34:53 PST 2004

I bought a used Radeon 8500 card off e-Bay a few weeks ago. It was
listed as a Mac edition. I installed the firmware update and the latest
drivers from ATI. It worked fine for a week or so, then Sunday I
noticed my screen was locked up. I restarted, and put a DVD on. A few
minutes in to the DVD, it froze up. I tried playing a game for a while,
but it froze up. This happened a few more times, until I replaced the
video card with my old Radeon 7000. I have gone through an entire DVD
twice and had no problems since. Is there a affordable way to get one
of these fixed, or do I need to start looking for another one?

Thanks--

Kevin