[G4] Mac OSX Software for CR-10 Compact Flash Card Reader

Daniel Brieck Jr. djbrieck at mac.com
Sat Nov 27 15:25:18 PST 2004

Avoid, even more the Usb flash card readers, especially the ones that
require you to install driver in order for you to use them on os X..
More often than not when you upgrade os x to the next version it will
break it, then you have to hope that new drivers are made or then you
have to go buy another reader....

This one does not work with os x causes kernel panics now as described
above ....

Lexar Digital Film Reader  --- This one
http://www.pcphotoreview.com/pscDigital,Accessories/
Card,Readers,and,Adapters/LexarMedia/PRD_82781_3086crx.aspx

On Nov 27, 2004, at 8:04 AM, James I Fraser wrote:

> Even worth avoiding more was to drop a large stack of cards ...
>

>> I bet you guys (girls) don't know what we once called "card readers".
>>  There use to be machines that knocked chads out of cards. They were
>> called "key punch machines" and they were operated by people called
>> "key punch operators" but if you were an eager programmer and wanted
>> to skirt the bureaucracy , you usually punched them yourself  .
>> That's how we got data into the machines using "card readers" before
>> PCs.  Thats back in the days of the IBM 7090 with 32,000 word memory
>> when that was the "big machine".  Thats right, thousand.  I hate to
>> admit it but that was in the early 60s. That "card reader"  I
>> mentioned is one you can avoid.
>> On Nov 26, 2004, at 11:13 AM, Robert Hazelrigg wrote:
>>
>>> Funny I have yet to find a card reader the doesn't work with OSX.
>>> Please tell me which ones to avoid.
Dan Brieck Jr.