[G4] Sawtooth Drive Install Hardware

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Thu Jul 7 18:41:17 PDT 2005

Greetings ( + )!( + )

On Jul 7, 2005, at 6:30 PM, Jose Vittori wrote:

> Carlos, you cannot place a third drive on top of the two you already
> have. And if memory doesn't fail me the other two bays are for SCSI
> drives although you'd need a PCI card for controlling those disks.
> Anyway I think you could start taking a look at
> http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/IDE/add_2nd_drive/index.html
>
> Good luck.
>
> Jose.

Jose is absolutely correct, except that you can install ATA, IDE drives
in the SCSI bay location, however you need to get a PCI card and the
IDE cables that will connect the newly installed disk to the internal
connector of the PCI card. I'm pretty sure (without checking) that the
power connectors are the same for SCSI and IDE.

Best Regards,

Harry (*^_^*)