[G4] Dual processor upgrade

Ernest Vincent Pons-Worley eponsworley at mac.com
Tue Jun 7 11:22:20 PDT 2005

If you have a 1.25 GHz processor, upgrading to a dual processor won't
get you much.  I was on a singe 400 MHz processor, so this approach
worked for me.  I've read that OS X is optimized for two processors,
but I've also read that only certain programs take full advantage of
the 2 CPU configuration.  An example is Photoshop.

You're probably better off buying a new computer to tide you over to
the Mac with the Intel Octium XIXVIII that is cooled with liquid
nitrogen.

E.