[G4] Re: Looking to flip two hard drives

Richard M. Kriss rmkriss at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 2 07:28:53 PDT 2006

Rich,

First, I don't think you have to do anything other than go to your OSX
System Preferences/StartUp Disk and select the drive you want to be the
startup drive.  The Mac does not care but if you only have OS9 on the 60 GB
drive, you will boot into OS9.  If you want the 60 to be your primary, you
may want to install OSX and then you can run in Classic mode if necessary to
run certain programs.

I have two 128 GB drives in my G4 a primary and backup and can boot from
either drive.  Both have OSX and OS9 in one partition.  I started with 40 GB
and then added the 128 and the 40 got too full.  I finally cloned it to the
128 and put the 40 away as a remote backup and added an 80 SATA that has now
been replaced by another 128.

There is no such thing as too much disc space.  Drives are pretty cheap
these days.

Dick