[G4] Where o where to put my aging OS 9 & how much space does she need?

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 4 21:40:18 PDT 2006

On 5/8/2006 7:13 AM, "Richard Ramsowr" <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Good Afternoon Folks... what happening?
>
> When setting up OS 9 on a hard drive what is the
> minimum amount of space one needs to reserve for that
> OS - I got 60GB to work with and IÕm thinking about
> putting OS 9 and Tiger on the same drive or IÕll put
> it on the secondary hard drive. I canÕt remember the
> last time I needed or even choose to use OS 9 but my
> G4 QuickSilver can boot into it using Classic mode so
> why not have just in case!
>
> Any ideas?

Rick, others more wise than me are answering your question well. It occurs
to me, however that this might not be such a big deal either way. I have an
OS 9 partition of 20GB that is a left over from yester-year, but far from
being a useless chunk of hard drive I use it to store all sorts of things,
notably a 16GB iTunes library.  OS X is able to utilize that partition as if
it was part of OS X. It is only OS 9 that cannot utilize OS X land. So big
or small, having a OS 9 partition is not a problem, but might be handy one
day.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art