[G4] Optical Drives

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Fri Aug 11 19:57:00 PDT 2006

At 20:25 -0400 8/11/06, Richard Klein wrote:
>On Aug 11, 2006, at 7:51 PM, probalecause at aol.com wrote:
>
>>My Sawtooth running OS 10.3.9 and has a DVD/CD drive fails to play  most DVDs. Any idea as to what may be the trouble?
>
>I think the lasers in optical drives die after a few years.  How old  is your drive?

The lenses also get dirty. There are such things as cleaning CD-ROM disks that have a soft brush-like structure. I donno where the lady found hers, but it works.

--
--> The Intelligent Designer managed to create the only species that kills its own members while claiming that it acts in accordance with God's word. <--