[G4] Quicktime Problem

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 14 10:18:18 PDT 2006

On 14/8/2006 11:50 PM, "Frank Sudore" <fsudore at mac.com> wrote:

> Something strange has happened. I have Quicktime Pro and when I go to view
> something in Safari I get a "No picture" error in the Window. I have Flip 4
> Mac & VLC as well/
> Has one of these plug-in's  corrupted my QT? I've tried re-installing QT,
> Un-install VLC and re-set Safari. (It also happens in Firefox).
> The strange thing is that it works with Internet Explorer. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Frank,
I was having niggling things to do with displaying Flash images in Safari,
had problems with some websites requiring me to press buttons twice to work,
and so on. I got sick of it and a couple of weeks ago migrated all my
bookmarks over to Netscape, and am finding browsing much more fun now, and
trouble free.

Netscape is an ugly beast, and Safari was my favourite for organizing
bookmarks, but in the end it has to work well. Firefox is prettier to look
at, but I was already using Netscape for editing websites... So practicality
won.

If Harry¹s suggestion for trashing the plist file doesn¹t help I would
suggest Firefox or Netscape for your default browser.

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art