[G4] Quicktime Problem

Harry Freeman harry at gifutiger.com
Mon Aug 14 10:38:03 PDT 2006

Greetings ( + )!( + )

I've switched over to "Camino" which is almost like "Safari" however it
is more than twice as fast, and since switching I haven't had to watch
the "Dreaded Spinning Beach Ball"!!!

On Aug 14, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Tony Johansen wrote:

> On 14/8/2006 11:50 PM, "Frank Sudore" <fsudore at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Something strange has happened. I have Quicktime Pro and when I go to
>> view something in Safari I get a "No picture" error in the Window. I
>> have Flip 4 Mac & VLC as well/
>>  Has one of these plug-in's  corrupted my QT? I've tried
>> re-installing QT, Un-install VLC and re-set Safari. (It also happens
>> in Firefox).
>>  The strange thing is that it works with Internet Explorer. ANY
>> SUGGESTIONS?
>
>  Frank,
>  I was having niggling things to do with displaying Flash images in
> Safari, had problems with some websites requiring me to press buttons
> twice to work, and so on. I got sick of it and a couple of weeks ago
> migrated all my bookmarks over to Netscape, and am finding browsing
> much more fun now, and trouble free.
>
>  Netscape is an ugly beast, and Safari was my favorite for organizing
> bookmarks, but in the end it has to work well. Firefox is prettier to
> look at, but I was already using Netscape for editing websites... So
> practicality won.
>
>  If Harry’s suggestion for trashing the plist file doesn’t help I
> would suggest Firefox or Netscape for your default browser.
>

>  Tony
>  http://www.tonyjohansen.com
>  A Life Of Art

Cheers, /\*_*/\

Harry (*^_^*)
* If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Congress!
Men's restroom House of Representatives,
Washington, DC