[G4] PowerMac G4 (AGP Graphics) booting from external drive

Seth Dimbert sdimbert at hbha.edu
Wed Aug 30 10:20:09 PDT 2006

I've got a couple of PM G4 (AGP) machines in my Mac Lab and one of
them misbehaves. It freezes randomly when Photoshop is open (even
after it's re-imaged with a fresh image) and will not boot from an
external firewire drive. The other, identical machine will, but this
one will not.

I've just re-installed a fresh copy of Panther, but System Prefs will
not let me choose the external drive as a Startup Disk and rebooting
with Option held down doesn't work, either.

Any ideas as to what coule be wrong?

-SD

Seth Dimbert
English, Journalism, Media